Who we are
The Famous Grouse is ultimately owned by The Edrington Group Limited, a private limited company (registered in Scotland No. 36374), and our registered office is at Edrington, 100 Queen Street, Glasgow G1 3DN (“Edrington”).
- What types of personal data we collect;
- How we collect personal data;
- When and why we share it with other organisations, including the types of organisations involved;
- How long we keep personal data for; and
- The rights and choices you have with regards to your personal data.
What types of Personal Data do we collect about our Consumers?
- Your name, age/date of birth (for age verification purposes) and location;
- Your contact details: postal addresses including billing and delivery addresses, contact telephone numbers;
- Details of purchases and orders made by you;
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your correspondence and communications with The Famous Grouse;
- Personal data which you have maybe shared via a public platform (such as on The Famous Grouse’s Facebook or Instagram feed);
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Online browsing activities on The Famous Grouse’s website.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when:
- You subscribe to receive our newsletter;
- You make an online purchase or place an order online for a product or merchandise;
- You enter a ballot or competition related to The Famous Grouse or one of The Famous Grouse’s products;
- When you attend one of our events or visit one of our sites;
- When you contact us, for whatever reason.
How do we use your personal data?
Edrington (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- With your agreement, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (but only when you’ve given your consent to be contacted by us);
- We may send you personalised communications based on your preferences, and use of The Famous Grouse’s products;
- To verify your identity and your age;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- To enable Edrington to manage any customer service interactions with you;
- To ensure that our web content is presented in the most efficient way for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).